Spence Bourassa, Carrot River Valley, Candidate 2011
Green Party of Saskatchewan Candidate Profile - 2011
Carrot River Valley
Spencer (Spence) Bourassa
The Green Party of Saskatchewan is offering the voters of Saskatchewan a positive vision of our province’s future. Not only do we want to be part of helping build Saskatchewan as an economic powerhouse; we want to further the economic accomplishments of recent years. One of the Green Party’s objectives is to produce green energy which would sustain our economy while maintaining the smallest ecological footprint possible on our environment. We also want to create a province where there is assistance for those whom truly require it through no fault of their own. We are also on a historic mission to ensure that Saskatchewan promotes strong environmental stewardship. Together, these values represent ‘One Saskatchewan’.
Even though my background lies primarily in aviation; politics has always been a life-long interest of mine. And, as a newcomer to the political scene, I am very pleased to represent the strikingly beautiful Carrot River Valley constituency of Saskatchewan! I am not from the Carrot River Valley region; however, I still am pleased to give voters an alternative choice to the Saskatchewan Party and the NDP.
- Airline Transport Pilot’s Licence (ATPL)
- University of Regina: BA Major in Physical Geography with a Minor in Political Science
- SIAST Commercial Pilot Program (PLAR challenge), Saskatoon
- AeroCourse Aviation: ATPL and Advanced IFR (Instrument Rating) Ground Schools, Calgary
- Regina Flying Club: Private and Commercial Pilot Licences; Group 1 Instrument Rating
Present and recent volunteer activities:
- Canadian Blood services blood donor with 63 (whole blood) donations to date
- Canadian Air Search and Rescue Association (CASARA) as a spotter, Saskatchewan, Zone 8
- Regina Police Service, Victims Services Unit (2004-09)
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Spence Bourassa